It’s not long to go now until the big day – Christmas trees are up, you’ve got your office night out this weekend and all the big presents have been bought if not wrapped. However, you’ve still got to take care of the stocking fillers; the small, thoughtful gifts to give your loved ones some extra presents to open on Christmas morning. Follow our fail-safe guides to creating the perfect stocking to become the ultimate Christmas elf! |
- You can't go wrong with something that sparkles! If you don’t have any room left in the budget for diamonds, sequins feel festive and always go down well. These Miso Sequin Slippers are only £6.00 and they add a glam twist on a Winter essential.|
- Finding a cosy knit in your stocking on Christmas morning is a real treat, nothing beats the feeling of putting on a brand new jumper and settling down to a Christmas film on the TV. Extra points if it’s glamourous enough to see you through to Christmas dinner! We suggest the Rock and Rags Bling Trim Jumper, now only £17.00.
- If you’ve bought her a bag as one of her main presents, it’s a MUST to include a cute purse as a stocking filler! It’s apparently bad luck to buy a purse for yourself, so gifting one is a really sweet gesture. It’s also bad luck to give someone an empty purse so make sure you pop a few coins in! The Marc B Lola Nouveau purse comes in 3 colours and it’s down to £13.00.
- A watch would usually count as one of the big gifts, but our Firetrap Blackseal watches are all on sale so they make perfect stocking fillers. The Roly watch has a designer inspired vibe so it’s ideal for fashionistas – pick one up for £20.00.
- Small beauty treats make great stocking presents, it’s an inexpensive way to make her feel special and will come in very handy during the festive season. We suggest a pair of false eyelashes from Cheryl Cole’s Eylure range for £6.00, it’s a NYE party essential.
- The best gifts are things we rarely buy for ourselves but would love to have – a new phone case makes a great stocking filler because we don’t often get round to replacing the one we’ve had for ages. Go for something chic and simple to make sure she’ll like it – try the Rock and Rags Quilted Case for £4.00.
- No matter what age they are, boys will always love toys; an unusual gadget in his stocking is sure to keep him amused on Christmas morning, try the Blomor Incredible Phone Gloves (£50.00) – these winter warmers allow you to make phone calls with your hands! |
- If he takes what he wears very seriously, Christmas is a great time to impress him with a thoughtful and stylish stocking filler. Premium branded accessories will put a huge smile on his face, he’ll be wearing his new Pretty Green Paisley scarf all the way through to next Christmas.
- A new aftershave is a great stocking filler, especially if it’s budget friendly. The Firetrap Blackseal Gnome fragrance is down from £40.00 to £12.00, making it a perfect extra gift if you’re looking for something last minute.
- A comfy sweater is a great Christmas morning gift – he’ll want to chuck it on and wear it for the rest of the day. We know he’ll love the Luke 1977 Get Flocked Crew Sweatshirt (£75.00), this can count as one of his bigger presents and will be a great addition to his 2015 wardrobe.
- If he doesn’t live with his mum anymore, it’s a given that he needs new socks this Christmas. They might not be the most exciting present, but he’ll definitely thank you for them. Go for the SoulCal 3 Pack of Christmas Socks to maximise the festive vibes.
- If he’s a big kid or a comic book fan, check out our range of gifts from Marvel. The Marvel Multi Face Mug is only £5.99 and features Spiderman, Wolverine, Captain America and The Incredible Hulk.
- If he needs to travel a lot or you just have some holidays coming up in 2015, a toiletry bag is an ideal stocking gift that will come in very handy. This Marvel Mono Toiletry Bag is only £11.99 and features a vintage comic book print.
If you still need some help getting prepped for the big day, check out our Christmas categories . Also, theres still a few chances left to get involved with our Advent Calendar.